Tables are important equipment that everyone in the field of medicine is using. Physicians, doctors, veterinarians, dentists, paediatricians—you name it and they’re sure to be enjoying the benefits of tables. However, not all tables are made equally and some of them have a different, more valuable function than just a regular one.
Examination tables are vital for any clinical or hospital establishment because it helps enhance the quality of care that they can give for those whose mobility is limited. KOMPACT, an examination table manufactured by Promotal, is an excellent examination table that is also useful as a reclining medical chair. Let’s go ahead and take a look at how KOMPACT differs from its competitors!
The Ideal Examination Table
Following the success of the Midmark 204 examination chair, the new generation “KOMPACT” from Promotal has all the great features + more. It is a unique examination table with plenty of quirks. Let’s start off by how it lives up to its name of being compact. It’s capable of fitting inside a small exam room with no problem, it makes it easy for patients to get on and off the examination table, and it helps practitioners optimise their time with patients.
If “no transfer is a biggy for good ol’ Tweegy”, which is an excellent transfer chair, then KOMPACT has its own saying and it is “All for One!” This amazing examination table features numerous storage spaces, plenty of accessories, different sitting and lying positions, and integrated stirrups that aid practitioners perform a full examination. Its can handle up to 250KG of patient weight, has 4 drawers, has integrated retractable stirrups, and an integrated sliding leg rest extension for maximum comfort.
Three Core Design Values
Different examination tables have different core design values, which simply mean the purpose of why the product was essentially designed for. KOMPACT has three core design values that aim to resolve specific challenges. In a reclining medical chair for example, ergonomics would be very important for both the dentists and patient, to help avoid injuries. Let’s go ahead and take a look at KOMPACT’s core design values.
Equality of Treatment – Aims to make things easier for your patients with limited mobility by:
• utilising an integrated retractable footstep (with a height of 23 cm)
• having a convenient height difference from step to seat of 61 cm
• applying effortless transition from sitting to lying position using the integrated leg rest extension
• heavy-duty patient weight capacity of 250 kg
• upholstery width of 72 cm
Efficiency – Allows practitioners to perform examinations more easily by:
• comfortable sitting position (representing 80% of exams)
• 4 drawers to keep everything that practitioners need close at hand (2 pass-through side drawers, accessible from both sides (enabling you to place the table in the middle of the exam room and 2 front drawers)
• integrated retractable stirrups
• Pelvic tilt (7 degrees)
It also helps in cleaning the examination table easily by:
• having one-piece drawers made of easy-to-clean ABS
• having a removable upholstery
• having all surfaces easily accessible for cleaning
• having a large capacity paper roll holder
• having a removable, sterilisable ABS gynaecology tray
Ergonomics – Helps practitioners save space by and improve patient’s comfort by:
• being a compact table
• having a large and versatile rage of positions (gynaecological, sitting, lying)
• having numerous storage spaces at hand
• having an integrated retractable wheels for easy movement
• having an integrated sliding leg rest extension at the same level as the seat
• having optimum seating comfort
Accessories and Colour Options
Practitioners have the option to add accessories into the KOMPACT. With the help of these accessories, the importance of ergonomics in dental practices can be accentuated by using lamp supports, armrests, plastic pans, and more. There are a total of 19 upholstery colour options to choose from and some examples include blue, red, yellow, lilac, mouse grey, and more.
Well, that was it everyone—KOMPACT and the myriad of benefits it has to offer. KOMPACT will be sure to add significance to any clinic or hospital that can act as both an examination table and a reclining medical chair. Visit our website to order it now, and get to see the full specifications!
Fady Henry says
I am interested to have more information about this couch for a family medical practice